About Responsible Distribution Canada
Located in Burlington, Responsible Distribution Canada is a not-for-profit trade association representing the chemical supply chain. RDC member companies, serving over 100,000 customers, are chemical and ingredient distributors who adhere to the Responsible Distribution® Code of Practice that ensures the safe handling of chemicals and ingredients throughout the supply chain.
Purpose and Scope of Role
This position reports directly to the President of RDC and is responsible for planning and implementing legislative and regulatory activities including the identification of priority issues, and the development of RDC positions and strategies to advance RDC’s position with both Federal and Provincial Regulatory Agencies. The position also oversees all grassroots advocacy and political programs.
- Develops relationships with key federal and provincial regulatory officials to facilitate advocacy of RDC positions and cooperation along with effectively representing the interests of the RDC membership;
- Participates with the RDC Regulatory Affairs Committee to develop positions on regulatory and legislative proposals;
- Writes and submits comments on regulatory proposals to federal and provincial agencies with the input of relevant RDC Issue Task Groups;
- Conduct research required to provide up-to-date legislative and regulatory information to the RDC membership through identified channels including, but not limited to newsletters, The Chemunicator, website, industry meetings as well as responding to general member queries;
- Represents RDC with Government and other regulatory agencies, industry coalitions and other related industry working groups;
- In conjunction with the President, responds to all media inquiries on legislative and regulatory issues;
- Responsible for the development and management of the budget relating to regulatory affairs activities;
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years chemical industry, government/regulatory management experience or other related management experience;
- Solid understanding of Federal and Provincial environmental, health & safety, transportation/security laws and other regulations that affect the chemical distribution business
- Post-secondary education with focus on technical and/or the sciences
- Strong organizational skills with ability to work under tight deadlines and manage multiple work streams
- Excellent technical and project management skills
- Superior report writing and presentation skills
- Strong computer literacy
- Available to travel on national basis as required
- Bilingual (French/English) capability
- Experience or sound knowledge of the consumer products sector and/or other chemicals based industries
- Practical experience in Canadian regulatory processes applicable to consumer chemical products (either from industry or government)
In accordance with AODA (Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005), RDC is committed to accommodating people with disabilities as part of our hiring process. If you have special requirements, please advise us during the recruitment and selection process.