For over 30 years ICC Compliance Center has been empowering companies who handle, transport and store hazardous materials with the knowledge and products they need, to comply with regulations that impact their business.
ICC is a leader in compliance training and consulting, we have complete hazardous materials/dangerous goods communication programs that will help industry comply with regulations. When using our products, services and training programs our clients are employing the expertise of chemists, engineers and training specialists who monitor regulatory changes and can help clarify compliance needs.
The Regulatory Specialist provides dangerous goods regulatory expertise to clients and staff through numerous mechanisms such as bricks-and-mortar and web-based training. This is done by delivering dangerous goods training to an adult audience and providing technical guidance to clients. In addition, the Regulatory Specialist will supply technical recommendations to ICC Sales and Customer Relations Center team members.
- Provide regulatory training pertaining to all modes of dangerous goods shipping and work place hazards;
- Develop training courses, materials and regulatory publications;
- Participate in trade association meetings to maintain the company’s high profile status;
- Offer internal training to improve other departments’ understanding of regulatory;
- Answer helpdesk calls for clients;
- Transfer client contact information from client calls to CRM software to cultivate possible sales opportunities;
- Suggest improvements regarding new and current products/services;
- Participate in meetings and attend offsite industry meetings/seminars;
- Maintain a good understanding of products/services;
- Occasionally assist other departments with daily functions and special projects;
- Create articles or blogs on a regular basis;
- Provide regulatory services to meet WHMIS, OSHA/ANSI, 49CFR, TDG, IATA, IMDG, EU CLP, GHS, CCCR, CPSC and/or other regulations as applicable.
- Comprehensive knowledge of WHMIS, OSHA/ANSI, 49CFR, TDG, IATA, IMDG, EU CLP, GHS, CCCR, CPSC and/or other regulations as applicable;
- 4 plus years of experience in a similar role
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office and CRM software;
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills;
- Outstanding interpersonal skills;
- Ability to focus efforts in the best interest of clients;
- Aptitude to analyze and solve problems;
- Ability to work unsupervised or in a team environment;
- University or college graduate in sciences, chemistry or engineering an asset;
- Fluently bilingual in English and French is an asset.
- Medical and health coverage
- Paid holidays
- Team building activities
- Continuing education opportunities
- Intermittent overnight travel will be required;
Occasional evening and/or weekend work is required infrequently.