Established in 1995, Ontario, Cambrian Solutions, a Maroon Group Company, is a vibrant sales and marketing company with a primary focus of supplying globally-sourced raw materials and chemicals to our expanding range of customers across Canada. We are a dynamic group of growth focused individuals who pride ourselves on our technical and solutions-oriented approach to our customers’ needs. Cambrian offers a competitive salary in addition to a positive and collaborative corporate culture. We believe in developing people as well as growing our business and make this philosophy a priority. Our head office is located in Oakville, Ontario. Please visit our website at www.cambrian.com to learn more about us.
The Regulatory Affairs Coordinator (RAC) works closely with the Regulatory and Quality Manager (RQM) to develop a practical understanding of the regulations affecting the chemical and ingredients distribution industry. This individual will support the RQM in developing and implementing processes
and systems to ensure products are controlled and evaluated against changing legislation. This will involve supporting the document control system and assisting the RQM with various regulatory improvement projects. Additionally, the RAC will receive exposure to the company’s quality management system.
Major Tasks and Responsibilities
- Responsible for secondarily reviewing new product approvals for compliance to legislation including, but not limited to regulations under the: Canadian Environmental Protection Act, 1999, Hazardous Products Act, Transportation of Dangerous Goods Act, Food and Drug Act, Feeds Act and Pest Control Products Act.
- Tracking and organizing various regulatory information to document regulatory compliance.
- Working with the Documentation Coordinator to review existing documentation. Assisting in the preparation of Safety Data Sheets (SDSs) and labels using in-house software.
- Organizing regulatory information for easy reference and evaluation.
- Researching regulations and summarizing them in a clear manner to affected stakeholders.
- Providing full coverage for the Document Control Coordinator during absences or vacation.
- Assisting the RQM with the preparation, filing, and monitoring of product or licence registrations
- Supporting the RQM and business divisions on special projects as requested. This involves undertaking regulatory and quality assurance improvement projects.
- Reviewing quality related non-conformances and managing corrective and preventative actions
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Correspond with external parties and regulatory authorities to ensure ongoing legal compliance
- Assist the RQM and Operations personnel with the investigation and resolution of quality related NCRs
- Develop a basic understanding of the RD code of practice and the company quality manual; including policies, standards and procedures
- Work with the RQM to identify and implement improvements to procedures to align with best operational practices
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrated ability to apply regulatory knowledge, common sense and business acumen to offer successful regulatory improvements.
- Attention to detail and organization, with a high standard of accuracy.
- Strong work ethic and ability to manage a heavy workload.
- Integrity, professionalism and drive.
- Excellent technical report writing skills and the ability to understand and analyze technical documents, industry standards, processes and procedures.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills coupled with an ability to share regulatory knowledge with confidence.
- Computer skills using Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Science degree (chemistry or related discipline.)
- Diploma in regulatory affairs an asset.
- Experience in regulatory affairs related to the chemical distribution field.
If you are interested in joining our team, please forward your resume and cover letter to email@example.com, Attn: Regulatory Affairs Coordinator
*Please note that ONLY candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.