Established in 1995, Ontario, Cambrian Solutions, a Maroon Group Company, is a vibrant sales and marketing company with a primary focus of supplying globally-sourced raw materials and chemicals to our expanding range of customers across Canada. We are a dynamic group of growth focused individuals who pride ourselves on our technical and solutions-oriented approach to our customers’ needs. Cambrian offers a competitive salary in addition to a positive and collaborative corporate culture. We believe in developing people as well as growing our business and make this philosophy a priority. Our head office is located in Oakville, Ontario. Please visit our website at www.cambrian.com to learn more about us.
The Logistic Coordinator’s primary responsibility is the optimization of the logistics function for each applicable division in the Company (such as Food, Natural and Organics, Health Ingredients, Personal Care, Industrial, Paper/Petroleum, and Innovation). The Logistics Coordinator is responsible for import/export logistics and for ensuring timely delivery to maintain necessary inventory levels. In addition, the Logistics Coordinator focuses on strengthening customer relationships in order to facilitate the achievement of divisional sales targets.
Major Tasks and Responsibilities
Internal Relationship Management – Communication with 3 rd party service providers and colleagues to facilitate accurate orders
- Communicates with warehouses, customs brokers and freight contacts when necessary
- Communicates with suppliers for the placement of orders
- Interacts with Product Coordinators, Sales and Customer Service on a regular basis, to ensure timely delivery and accurate orders
- Communicates with Customer Service to notify of product arrival/availability and provide them with certificates of analysis and other necessary information
- Liaises with the Accounting department for payment and product receiving issues
- Communicates with warehousing services to ensure proper receiving
- Meets with Management, Product Coordinators and Customer Service for updates on product and supplier Information
Prioritization/Task Management – Prioritizes workload and effectively uses tracking tools to ensure the timely delivery of orders
- Arranges and tracks domestic warehouse transfers as needed
- Arranges and tracks direct shipments to customers as well as warehouse shipments
- Arranges freight; correspondences with brokers and shipping lines to track shipments and help ensure on-time delivery
ERP/System Control – Ensures data integrity in ERP system, and with supplier communications
- Enters, updates and receives orders in the ERP System
- Processes warehouse and intercompany transfers
Problem Solving/Continuous Improvement – Problem solves when issues arise, and strives to implement continuous improvement
- Requests and follows up with NCR issues where applicable, such as credits
- Uses proper protocols, to address for non-conformance issue (NCRs)
- Uses problem solving skills and knowledge of the logistics function to provide updates to necessary departments
Documentation Management – Ensures accuracy in reviewing and creating product documentation and takes action on discrepancies
- Utilizes training to compare certificates of analysis, to product specification sheets for approval
- Obtains and checks Nafta certificates where applicable for Nafta qualifying products
- Adheres to both WHIMIS and TDG guidelines to ensure correct documentation and labelling
- Accountable for obtaining required paperwork (OBL, PL, CCI, CofA, etc.)
- Arranges for blind and double- blind shipments where applicable; creates necessary documents such as manual bills of lading, and packing slips.
- Grade 12 Secondary School Diploma; Post-secondary education is considered a strong asset
- 2-4 Years previous experience in Logistics is preferred
- Knowledge of ERP systems is preferred, but not mandatory
- Trained on WHIMIS and TDG guidelines
- Highly analytical and detailed oriented
- Strong organization skills, with the ability to prioritize and meet multiple deadlines
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
Excellent interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills, and bilingualism is considered an asset
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
If you are interested in joining our team, please forward your resume and cover letter to email@example.com, Attn: Logistics Coordinator.
*Please note that ONLY candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.