The primary role of the Operations Coordinator, is to provide ongoing support to the Director of Operations with departmental tasks and responsibilities. The goal of the Operations Coordinator, is to engage in day-to-day problem solving by utilizing the knowledge obtained of the company’s supply chain and distribution processes, procedures, and regulations. Main duties include maintaining existing relationships with contract third party carriers and warehouses, finding corrective actions for Non-Conformances, and supporting internal departments in resolving outstanding supply chain challenges.
Major Tasks and Responsibilities
- Maintain existing relationships with third party carriers and ensure compliance with Cambrian’s Responsible Distribution™ quality management system
- Obtain freight quotes as required for all modes of transportation including air, road, rail, and ocean.
- Assist SCM in the development and administration of Cambrian’s transportation system including database updates for changes and additions to freight rates
- Place third party carrier freight claims and facilitate service improvements • Conduct market research for potential third-party carriers
- Focus on understanding the applicable transportation regulations
- Identify, document, and analyze non-conformances to prevent reoccurrence • Conduct non-conformance investigations, identify root causes, and apply corrective action and preventative action as needed
- Ensure completion of system entries and the collection of documentation prior to closing the non-conformance
ERP/System Control – Ensures data integrity in ERP system, and with supplier communications
- Enters, updates, and receives orders in the ERP System
- Processes warehouse and intercompany transfers
- Report non-conformance trends to commercial business divisions along with recommendations for improvement
- Maintain existing relationships with third party warehouses and ensure compliance with Cambrian’s Responsible Distribution™ quality management system
- Attend warehouse visits to meet with warehouse representatives and management to resolve outstanding issues and address process improvements
- Conduct monthly stock reconciliation for all third-party warehouse facilities • Attend customer audits and quality management systems audits
- Support internal departments and commercial business divisions with warehouse costing
- Inspect various products at warehouse facilities as required
- Generate warehouse work order requests and ensure completion
Responsible Distribution Canada
- Follow RDC email updates to obtain news on chemical and ingredient distribution industry and operations/logistics information
- Potential for future involvement on RDC Committee
- Conduct operational analysis for new business opportunities, identify distribution challenges and suggest solutions to business problems
- Provide training to employees regarding company Standard Operating Procedures • Assist co-workers with various ad-hoc projects as required
- Support and lead by example, Barentz’ culture, strategies, pillars, and fundamentals
- Participate in ongoing personal development opportunities
- Perform other duties as requested
Education, Experience, Required Knowledge and Skills
- Post-secondary education, preferably in Business
- 1-2 years of industry experiences in an Operations role, would be an asset
- Demonstrated knowledge and proficiency of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Understanding of quality management system procedures and requirements • Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to handle and prioritize many tasks as well as understand their wider business context
- Effective written and verbal communication skills and the ability to adapt communication style to the audience as needed
- Software knowledge of Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Teams
- Act legally and ethically in all professional relationships in adherence with Barentz’ values and fundamentals
- Ability to travel 10%
Barentz is a world class supplier of life science ingredients and specialty chemicals focused on improving the quality and length of life. We provide products that help our customers meet their formulary needs and achieve sustainability goals. We strive to change the conversation by creating value for our customers in a diverse range of end markets by providing technical and regulatory support and offering unique and creative solutions.
Our business leverages an infrastructure of industry leading technology, value-add services, global sourcing & logistics network, and a commitment to creating customer success. This philosophy has enabled Barentz to offer its customers and principal partners with North American capabilities while maintaining a local focus. Every day, we strive to deliver fantastic customer experiences.
This position is currently performed Remote but could move to a Hybrid work environment (remote and in-person)
Barentz offers a competitive salary in addition to a positive and collaborative corporate culture. We believe in developing people as well as growing our business and make this philosophy a priority. Please visit our website at www.barentz-na.com to learn more about us.