RDC’s members cooperate with each other for the better good opposite issue of common concern, improvement of safety for the chemical distribution sector of the Canadian chemical industry.
RDC has forged strong relationships with allied groups both domestically and internationally. These ensure that Canada shares its knowledge to assist others, while getting help and guidance in return.
- ANIQ (Asociacion Nacional de la Industria Quimica en Mexico)
- Associquim (Brazilian Chemical Association)
- CCCMC (Chemical Distributor Association in China)
- CERCA (Canadian Emergency Response Contractors Alliance)
- CIAC (Chemistry Industry Association of Canada)
- CPCA (Canadian Paint & Coatings Association)
RDC’s priorities are to:
- Develop relationships with key federal and provincial regulatory officials to facilitate advocacy of RDC positions and cooperation on issues impacting RDC members.
- Communicate legislative and regulatory information to the RDC membership through Newsletters, The Chemunicator, the Web site, other resources available, and updates at industry meetings.
- Represent RDC before Government, and regulatory agencies, the media, and at various industry events.
- Represent RDC on industry coalitions and working groups, including the ICG for CEPA, and others.
- Address questions on regulatory issues from members.
- Manage internal representatives to facilitate effective regulatory compliance assistance for members.
- Oversee all grassroots advocacy and political programs.
- Respond to press inquiries on legislative and regulatory issues.