Reasons to Join the Association
One Voice – Strength In Numbers
RDC’s members cooperate with each other for the better good opposite issue of common concern, improvement of safety for the chemical distribution sector of the Canadian chemical industry.
RDC has forged strong relationships with allied groups both domestically and internationally. These ensure that Canada shares its knowledge to assist others, while getting help and guidance in return.
- ANIQ (Asociacion Nacional de la Industria Quimica en Mexico)
- Associquim (Brazilian Chemical Association)
- CCCMC (Chemical Distributor Association in China)
- CERCA (Canadian Emergency Response Contractors Alliance)
- CIAC (Chemistry Industry Association of Canada)
- CPCA (Canadian Paint & Coatings Association)
Annual Financial Survey
Survey of Financial & Operating Information ~ The Power of Information!
Would you like to obtain key information on your industry? Would you like to benchmark your company against the best in the industry? If you answered yes to any of these questions, the “Survey of Financial & Operating Information” is for you!
What is the investment required?
The cost of the survey is already included in your membership fee. There is no additional cost. The only investment required is time to collect the information and complete the survey (low compared with the value of that information). Also, please note that the information is held in confidence with an independent accounting firm.
The survey provides detailed information in the following categories:
- Situation of the Economy and of the Industry
- Balance Sheet (ROE, ROA, Asset Turnover, Debt/Equity, etc.)
- Asset Management (DSO, Inventory turns, Days of Payable Outstanding, etc.)
- Profitability (ROS, GP/Sales, Sales/Inventory, etc.)
- Expense Control (Expenses/sales, Expenses/GP, etc.)
- Staff Deployment (Info/sales staff, info/total employees, etc.)
- Salary Information (per category of position)
- Trend Data
With successful RD Verification your Company could get reductions (time and financial) for the following audits:
- ISO 9001
- ISO 14001
- Responsible Care
- Alberta COR Audit
- Saskatchewan environmental audits
- Chemical supplier audits
- And more
Products supplied by RD qualified companies are packaged, inventoried and shipped in full conformance with all Canadian regulations. For the customer this means:
- Products, packages and labels that meet established specifications & standards thus ensuring uniformity and use-ability
- Packaging and logistic standards
- Regulatory compliance
- Transportation equipment that meets all government regulations equipped with drivers properly trained & certified in the handling of chemical products
- Consistent product quality
- Risk prevention programs
- Commercial, site and transportation security issues are addressed
- Emergency awareness
- Cost savings
As a Member or Affiliate Company of RDC, you can take advantage of the following Communication Opportunities:
- Publication of press releases, company news or employee news in the highly regarded Chemunicator at no cost (circulates 3 x times per year),
- Advertise in the Chemunicator with lower rates and optimal magazine positioning,
- Market a job opportunity within your company on the RDC website at a discounted rate,
- Convey a special program or promotional offering through RDC e-communications, and
- Take advantage of discounted event sponsorships.
For more information on all or any of the above opportunities, please contact Catherine Wieckowska at (905)332-8777 x 24.
Resources & Tools
Here are a FEW of our available Resources and Tools:
- Self Assessments (a library of check lists available to member companies to assist with internal assessments of customers, carriers, rail, warehouses and others)
- Information Bulletins (a library of guidelines developed to support member companies with RD compliance)
- Weekly Regulatory Newsletter (a communication piece designed to keep our members, supplier partners, and association affiliates up to date on Canadian regulations)
- Information Guide (online resource to assist member’s in developing their RD manual and train new employees)
- RDC Staff – we are here to help you. If you have a question or need assistance, please contact our office.
If you need something specific that is not listed here, please call our office and speak with Catherine Wieckowska – 905.332.8777 x 24.
Rebate from ICC The Compliance Center:
RDC’s members who purchase services and products from ICC are automatically part of a rebate program
Why not take advantage of this offer? Join RDC today.
Canada is a world leader in so many areas. One of these is in chemical regulations protecting Canadians, the country and the environment.
RDC’s members manage no less than three hundred & twenty (320) federal and provincial regulations. Thankfully, through the support of expertise in the industry, allied associations and Manager Regulatory and Government Affairs, RDC’s members get the necessary assistance required.